Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting Ready

So I decided I'm really going to do this! I am so excited. Think Christmas Eve times a hundred as a kid.  I've gone to my local library and checked out quite a few books on juicing and I've Googled to my heart's content everything I want to know on a 60 day fast. From what I can read, you don't want to drink too many just fruit juices each day. According to Joe you drink that Mean Green Juice recipe the most which is:
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

There are variations of this recipe adding pears, spinach, and Papaya. I drink this 4x 16-20oz at a time.
I can drink water and green tea as much as I want during the day.
I can't begin to really describe how excited I am. My daughter said to me last week when we were talking about a certain time and I was thin, she turned to me and said, "You know mom, I don't remember you being skinny." Whoa! I was so ashamed and shocked. She doesn't remember me thin? Had it been that long? I've had health problems that added a lot of weight, but when it comes down to it, I am an emotional eater. I eat to make myself feel better and I have enjoyed eating anything I've wanted. So for the next 60 days I am going to enjoy re-training my taste buds and my body into wanting to be healthy. Like Joe Cross said, those days when I'm struggling and want food, I need to remember all those times I ate and ate that got me looking like this. I had a car accident on 4-15-2009. I injured my hips and back and basically the other teams lawyer wants to blame my injuries on my weight. When I heard that it was another smack in the face. How can you blame someone's injuries on them being fat? You hit me from behind at 55 mph with a semi truck. If anything you're lucky I was fat so I wasn't injured more without all the cushion. But the main point is I'm sick of being fat. I'm sick of having people look at me different because of my weight. I'm sick of going on job interviews and not getting the job because I'm fat. Yes, it is a big reason heavy people don't get jobs. I want to be excited to go out of the house again. I want to be looked at like I'm beautiful again. I want to wear a sundress without a cover up and look cute in it. I want to be able to do things with my daughter again. I want to go to a pool party and wear a bathing suit without feeling like the ballerina hippos in Fantasia. Right now I can't to any of those. So NO MORE EXCUSES from me, myself, and I. Joe Cross and Phil from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead gave me inspiration. If a four hundred pound truck driver can do it, then a redheaded, irritatingly stubborn, determined amazon can surely do it! So Wednesday July 27, 2011 is the day. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment